Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Note from Jason Driscoll, Store Operator

To the Chick-fil-A Raving Fans,

I hope you are enjoying this blog as much as we are in being able to provide you more insight into the Founders Square store and Chick-fil-A in general. I became a Chick-fil-A Owner/
Operator a little over 8 years ago. I had previously been a pastor in the United Methodist Church for nearly 14 years in Georgia. I pastored everything from new church "plants" to being the executive pastor for a 5000 member congregation. About 9 years ago, I felt like my family and I needed to move back home to Texas; but we needed to be in a position to put down roots and not keep relocating every 3 years. So I left the local church and turned in an application (the day the moving van pulled out of Georgia) to become a Chick-fil-A Owner.

About 2 weeks after arriving in Texas, I got a call from Chick-fil-A. They had a store in Flower Mound that was struggling, the previous owner left Chick-fil-A and they wanted to know if I was interested. I took a chance. Every month in the previous three years that the store had been open, it lost money. In my first month, we broke through and I wrote a profit check for less than $100 for the month of December 2002. That was all the motivation I needed; I knew this store could make it. Since then because of the community's support and amazing team, this location has continued to grow. We have won numerous awards with Chick-fil-A and actually become one of only a few stores in the chain that trains new owners.

My future plans continue to be to grow this location, develop amazing leaders (both high schoolers and adults) and support the town of Flower Mound which we also call home. Many people still ask me if I miss the ministry. I guess I do miss preaching occasionally, but ministry takes place in our store everyday. Like our mission statement say, "Our desire is to be the heart of Flower Mound; nourishing both the stomach and the soul." Thank you for your continued support and the opportunity to serve the Flower Mound community.

Jason Driscoll
Owner/Operator
Chick-fil-A Founders Square (2499 & 3040)

3 comments:

  1. I have to tell you how MUCH my family and I enjoy your Chick Fil A in particular. We moved to Flower Mound almost 2 years ago. I am a stay at home mom to 2 boys 2 and under. One of my weekly treats is Chick Fil A and especially your SWEET TEA! Last year, we ran errands and ran by Chick Fil A for a much needed "break" and drove thru the drive thru. I had a newborn and a toddler and just getting loaded in the car, running errands, grabbing lunch, getting home, and then unloaded EVERYTHING can wear a tired mommy out. When we got home and I unloaded our lunch, we were missing some items (fruit cup, wrong sandwich). I didn't have time to get back in the car and get it corrected because I had two tired kiddos, so I called your store and just asked if I could come by after nap time. Your store manager MADE my day. They asked for my address and drove every item I was missing to my house immediately. MADE MY DAY! I couldn't believe the customer service and I went straight to FACEBOOK to brag on your store! Thank you for taking care of this stay at home mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your location is the one we go to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know this story about Mr.Driscoll. But, it explains the difference I see in the FM location!! We love this store and drive from Lewisville several times a week to have breakfast or lunch!! All our fun $$ goes to you guys! AND! We tell everyone we know about the way you guys give to the community! I love Jenny! She is a bright spot any time I see her! Also, the majority of the workers at your location are first class! Thanks for sharing your story and still "ministering" to the community!

    ReplyDelete